Friday, September 2, 2011

Dear Boss...

Dear Boss,

How come you keep skipping me over for a promotion? I've worked my tail off with every project you've given me. Put in overtime several nights, worked diligently through the deserving hours of break I require. And yet, still you keep saying "Job well done but not this time!". I mean what does an employee have to do to excel in this company. You say I'm too argumentative and need to learn to follow, stop trying to fight and defend myself all the time. Ok, tried that. Humbled myself and submitted to you but now I feel overworked and underpaid. And I'm trying not to be that nagging employee that always screaming for my Equal Opportunity Rights but damn! I know... I know I get out of hand sometimes and don't display the professionalism written in your handbook. I am human, ya know. And yes I know I slack off at times and don't fulfill everything in my job requirements. But I'm a loyal employee. I could be searching for other projects that I feel better suit my capabilities but Boss when you say work with what I gave you I listen. I'm just asking for a break, please. But its cool I'll except the write-ups and visits to Human Resource, reminding me to stay focused on my job descriptions and not compare my accomplishments to the other employees. But why do they get to move to another department? Why do they get the promotion, the perks, the corner office with the friggin window view? What the hell??? And yet, you still pat me on the back and say "Good job but not yet!". I'm sick of this sh*t! I'm losing my patience and before you give me another damn pink slip, how about I pat you on the back and say "Dear Love... I QUIT!!!"

Peace yall!

- BJ Gianni
www.youtube.com/bjgianni
http://crazybayooteefull.blogspot.com
@bjgianni

1 comment: