Saturday, June 5, 2010

Bad Ass Roller Coaster Rush

So many of my creative friends are always saying you just gotta keep movin and the success will come. I know this to be true, I'm a recovering Jamaican with all the side jobs and gigs I used to juggle. I think now because I cut back so much on the side jobs and extra activities, to completely focus on modeling and acting, that I'm losing my drive. When I was back and forth to NY and Philly and bartending here and hostessing there and ripping the runway over yonder I was nonstop. I didn't worry as much about relationships and love and being home sick and all the stuff my mind is jumbled with these days. I mean Ive always been a hustler and I'm sure I always will be but I need that spark back. It was good to have idle time after my mom passed and other events to settle myself and clear my head. I really needed to take time for me and be with my family. I will always miss my family when I'm away and always wish I had more hours in a day to be Super BJ. However, I know that I need to get back on my grind to move to the next steps of my career and to get my sanity back. This down time and loneliness are driving me absolutely freaking crazy.

Hopefully the bartending gig will prove to be beneficial, financially and career wise as far as networking. A friend of mine just graduated from a two year acting program and she has motivated me to sincerely make a decision about my acting career and take steps if that is a path I still want to go down. I'm shooting the pilot to a TV series next week and that will be a first and hopefully open more doors. I have a few things in the works for the hosting world and really need to get cracking down on that avenue. I spent most of the day working on strategies to further brand myself as I know that this will be a major key to my furthered success. Getting my name out there and letting people know who I am and what I can do.

All this isn't possible without first cleansing myself from the inside on a personal level. So I get that I had to jump through some of the hoops and have more to come. I was mentally a mess a year ago and have come so far in my spirituality, maturity, and just my life overall. I do get down at times and steer off track occasionally but I wouldn't be human if I didn't. I need to keep it movin and look forward to the success of my future. I cant get caught up in my past or the downs of my present situation. While I'm keeping it movin on this path to greatness, I plan to leave lots of humble dust for the haters and naysayers to eat... ha ha ha! I'm ready to take this blog to the next level, my body and spirit to the next level, and my bag of trades and skills to the next level. Ive been up and down through loops and ran so fast down some roads and turned slow and steady through others, plunging head first into dark holes and shooting up to the sky with amazing power. I feel like my life is a roller coaster ride so stay with me for this ride and I promise to continue making it a bad ass roller coaster rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment