Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What Lies Behind

"Disregard what lies behind and press forward... Trust God!" - from Joel Osteen

As part of my spiritual studies, I've been learning to live in the moment and Trust that God has my future planned out perfectly. After my daily email forward, I'm thinking in order to do that I also have to let go of the past. I can't press on and be open to God's love and lessons if I'm still bitter and holding onto past pains and even past accomplishments.

I can't say that I want true unconditional love if I still resent and hold anger to the men that I've allowed to hurt me . I certainly can't expect it if I'm not willing to let go of past loves (or lusts) that have far moved on from me. I can't desire to have a strong sisterhood with my female friends if I hold on to the past hurts. Not just the hurts they may have subjected me to, but the past hurt of not having any true friends for most of my adolescent life, not even a close sister to sister relationship. I can't say that I want to be successful and forever growing in my career if I allow the rejections to hold me back. Playing over in my mind what I could have done differently to seal the deal. Even in my spirituality, I can't say I truly want to know God and feel his Love if I constantly remind myself of the hypocrisy and disgust that I grew up around in the most "religious" people in my life.

I have to trust the Love, the Friends, the Opportunities, and above all the God that is in front of me today and allow that to drive me forward. So I'm learning to Let Go and Let God drive me forward and intentionally disregard what lies behind!

Peace yall!


Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment