Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mind Renewal

Haven't felt like doing much blogging. Not because I don't want to share but because I've been so deep into these books that I'd rather read then write. As I mentioned in my last entry, I've been actively studying God and learning and answering many questions I've had for years. Putting an end to all my speculations and curiosities and letting go of my fear of religious hypocrisy in the world and in my family. It really has me evaluating lots of current habits and people in my life. It is so true that old habits just don't seem as entertaining once you seek a more God-like life. Gossip, cursing, money, sex, even drinking doesn't hold my interests too much these days. I'm not saying those desires are gone but they aren't the driving force in my daily thoughts and there are so many other desires that are capturing my interests these days. I'm resetting my mindset for the better and doing away with old worries, negative thoughts, negative or even stifling friendships and people.

"The only relationship I'm truly concerned about during my studies is my relationship with God." It took a while for me to be comfortable with that statement. As I began to commit to my current lesson plan, friends have made comments and that is a deterrent from staying focused. Fear of being judged because all of a sudden I'm talking all this holy talk. But then I thought, "I don't really care if people notice a change in me, its a change for the better". If people are talking then that means I'm doing something I didn't do before and that's a great thing from where I sit. And actually I'm learning that so much of what's in the Bible and in the other books to assist me in reading the Bible are right in line with what I've believed to be true all along. Its been challenging but in a natural way because these books are speaking the truth. I spent so much time running from the Bible and God and church and any conversation of any sort most of my life and now it comes so natural to me. So I'm focusing on strengthening my spirituality which will in return strengthen every aspect of my life and I can't tell you how joyful that makes me. I've had some unexpected people enter my life recently to assist me with my spiritual journey. I love them for helping me even if they don't know their intended purpose in my life.

I'm still ME, just a "work in progress, change for the better, mind renewed and refreshed" ME. I have a lot more to learn and a lot more to read but I'm humbled every day and every second that I think about my future mind and where I'm headed. Old habits die hard, but with spiritual diligence I know it'll happen. The way I see, I've spent the last 30 years of my life doing things my way and yes I've been happy and had accomplishments and am a good person with a good heart but I know there is much more to this life. I think I'll spend the next 30 years under someone else's guidelines and see if I'm not much more accomplished and happier and good with an even bigger heart. Peace yall!

"And be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind..." - Romans 12:2 (KJV)

Current Books: Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, All about Love by Susan L Taylor, and The Second Most Important Book You Will Ever Read by Dan Patrick.


Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment